Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Verdict...

My last post talked a little bit about Teese Vegan Cheese.  Since then I've had some time to cook with it an experience it in a couple dishes.  On Sunday night to aid in my procrastination, I made pizza.  

Observing how sugar effects my body, I've started to experiment with more gluten-free option.  I opted to make a wheat- free crust with brown rice and oat flowers.  It was a little crumbly, but tasted just fine.  If anyone has any gluten-free tips, let me know!  

Now back to my pizza with Teese!  I thought it was just okay...  Nothing I'll go out of my way to buy again.  I think that my palate has changed so much in the past two years and have really grown accustom to not eating it.  The Teese on my pizza just tasted like a salty filler...  Maybe I need a different flavor, I don't know.  I do know that after this culinary adventure, I can say I don't really miss cheese...  I was born and raised in Wisconsin, and no I don't miss eating cheese.  It is so much easier to fill up on whole foods and not miss cheese in certain dishes.  I'll continue taking my pizzas without cheese, loading them with delicious vegetables and herbs instead. 

Try it and like it or don't like it.  As long as you like what you like, it's fine by me!  

No comments:

Post a Comment