Sunday, August 16, 2009

Zucchini-licious!

Thank goodness for spell check, because I always misspell zucchini.  After this post, I'm pretty confidant that I won't anymore.  Incorrectly or correctly spelt, zucchini is one of my favorite vegetables.  It's great in stir-fries, pastas, baked goods and even on pizza.  It would be very hard for me to get sick of it.  I hope I don't, because I have a ton of them!  

Shredded zucchini waiting to be added to the chocolate batter.  Yummm

Because it's been so warm, I've laid off of baking and cooking.  The raw foodist in me has blossomed in the past weeks as I've boycotted the stove and oven.  It cooled down a little tonight and I went ahead and made up some delicious chocolate zucchini muffins.  I wouldn't really call these "Muffins", they're so rich and chocolately, they resemble more of a brownie or cupcake.  How ever you want to name them, they're flippin' delicious.  


Chocolate Zucchini Muffins

1 1/2 cup flours - I mixed brown rice flour and whole wheat

1/4 c cocoa

1 tsp cinnamon

1/2 cup brown sugar


1 1/4 tsp baking powder

1 tsp baking soda

dash of salt


3/4 cup apple sauce unsweetened

1 mashed banana

1/3 cup rice milk

1 whole zucchini shredded

chocolate chips - to your liking


Preheat the oven to 350.  Mix the dry ingredients together and then add the wet.  Spoon into a greased muffin tin and bake for 20 minutes.  They are fantastic!  Enjoy with some soy milk!


Get on it and make these bad boys!  You won't regret it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment