Thursday, July 23, 2009

Better late than never.

On a whim this past weekend, I got ambitious and planted a garden. Yes, yes, I know it's late; but not too late! There was an extra plot next to the neighbor's that wasn't being used and I knew that if I planted some vegetables I'd feel more at home. I planted some fall goodies; spinach, lettuce, celery, cabbage and broccoli. There were some tomato plants that I salvaged (I hope they make it!) and some eggplants that the man at the garden store gave to me for free. I'll give them plenty of 'mutt' love and water - they'll grow just fine. It will be a bountiful fall harvest!

Below are before and after pictures. I even tossed together a compost, I feel so much better knowing that my food scraps which are 95% organic material will be composted back into the earth rather than rotting in a landfill.

My plot before I weeded and planted. There is a corner of onions and chives that I kept... I had to cut the chives back a smidge, they were a bit overgrown.

After- weeded and ready to plant!

After - Planted and watered. Now, all I have to do is sing some lullaby's and wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment