Sunday, July 26, 2009

Art and the Non-Smoothie

Pretty much every morning I start my day off with a bowl of oatmeal.  It usually consists dried fruit; cranberries or raisins, a banana, some nuts, flax meal and a dash of cinnamon.  Since I've moved, I have not been as hungry as I used to.  A lot of adjusting n' such.  So, I've modified my breakfast a tad bit.  It's still ultra nourishing and packed with goodness to start my day off feeling healthy and satisfied.  Almost equivalent to a smoothie, just not blended... 



Take any fresh fruit, I've been lucky to have some local blueberries and raspberries from the backyard in the morning.  It's hard to beat that!  Anyway, mix up any fruit you'd like, nuts and either some cinnamon, agave or maple syrup to top.  I usually toss some flax meal onto my bowl, too.  Don't make the mistake of accidently shaking some cumin on your fruit instead of cinnimon. I of course I did that the other morning... The kick definitely woke me up!  Yee-haw!

On an art note - I've posted a blue print for a new painting I'm working on.  Baker has been staying at his 'Daddy's" while I settle into my new place and get situated with work and school.  So, I've been missing my lil' babe big, BIG time.  What better thing to paint than my dear furry bud!  Below is the starting of his portrait.  

There is art to be done and new recipes to create!  

No comments:

Post a Comment