Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Paw Print!

I know I have been skimping on recipes and posts about food lately. May is just so busy! School is wrapping up and I am getting ready to go and volunteer for three weeks on a farm in Northwestern Wisconsin. It is going to be such an amazing experience! I'm pumped.

This spring I took a printmaking class. It was awful. Okay, I'm being a little harsh and dramatic. But, I did struggle with it a lot at first and definitely couldn't stand the attitude of the professor. Maybe she struggled a little with my awesomness. My first prints were collographs that had multiple plates and I had to precisely align them with one another. I did an awful job at that... Most of my prints were off in their registration. It is hard for me to be very precise in a lot of things! It did get easier and I started to enjoy it towards the end. I really liked the last print I did of B's. The girls at my table thought I was crazy carving my dog into some linoleum. Once they saw it printed, they were jealous. Yeah, I'm amazing.


Off to write an artist statement about it and wrap up my semester! Tomorrow is my last day! It is going to feel so frickin' good to be done! Well, until summer school... Expect some goodies soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment