Monday, May 17, 2010

I'm not Martha Stewart, deal with it.

My Grandma is a huge fan of Martha Stewart. She will talk about her as if they are best friends. It is pretty dang adorable. I admit it, I am a fan of Martha, too.

For my birthday, she gave me a subscription to Martha's Everyday Food. Let me tell ya -- it's a great publication. Fast, cheap and easy recipes. All of them I've made have been really easy to veganize or get ideas to inspire my own creations. What I really like about it is that there is not a lot of advertisements in it. There are some, don't get me wrong, but not a crazy amount. Maybe it is because the magazine isn't typical magazine size, it's really small!

Tex-Mex Feast!

Anyway, the June edition had a sweet spread of Mexican food. It is rare that I do this, but I actually made something out of a magazine! I followed the steps annddd most of the ingredients. Some friends came to enjoy the tex-mex goodness with us. Good friends and fresh salsa.. Mmm. Next time, I'm making the jalapeno poppers hotter, they needed a lil' more zing.

If Martha Stewart came, she probably would have been impressed with my vegan feast, but sad I didn't decorate enough or make knit sunbreros for my guests. I do love Martha, but I think our personalities would clash a bit. Maybe we'd be friends over some margaritas.

2 comments:

  1. Fresh salsa. Can not go wrong with that! I have never really given Martha Stewart a fair shot, maybe I will check some of these recipes out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photo. Makes me want to do this right now and start looking for Martha Stewart's recipes!

    ReplyDelete