Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring's on the way!

Spring break is over. I'm heading back to school later this afternoon. I've got my game face on for the rest of the semester. Believe me, it's scary.

Minus my concerns about school, I am absolutely in love with life right now. Spring is coming! It's finally beginning to warm up and things are beginning to sprout. I am so excited to start planting the garden and for warmer weather. It feels so good to get outside again. Another and obvious reason why I love spring so much is knowing that grill season is starting. I guess grilling knows no season. But, when the weather is warm and friends can gather in the backyard and have some cocktails, that's grill season. Right? What do I know, I'm usually the person having a cocktail, I leave the grilling to Baker's daddy.

Last night we got together with some family for a birthday gathering. The spread definatly felt like summer - spinach salad, potato salad, asparagus, grillables, etc. So good. Everyone brought something that was pretty dang tasty. I'd never made a potato salad until last night and the one I made was actually good! That's why I'm blogging about it. :)

Potato Salad to make Your Mom proud
4 potatoes - boiled
2 celery stalks
1/2 cup or more raisins
1 avocado
1/2 cup chic peas

3 tablespoons tahini
1 1/2 - 2 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
1 tablespoon maple syrup
juice of lemon
salt n' pepper

Boil the potatoes. Drain and dice when cooked. chop up the celery, avocado and toss into a bowl. In another smaller bowl, whisk the tahini dressing. Add more lemon or water to make it to meet a dressing-like consistency. Coat the potatoes evenly and serve with a huge smile.


1 comment: