Monday, February 8, 2010

A Super Bowl

Baker is probably more excited than anyone what football is now over. He puts up with grown men 'hootin' n' hollering' at the TV on Sunday and Monday for a good 5 months. The loud obnoxious clapping and cheering usually drives him to hide behind me. Especially when our team scores. It's boarder line pathetic. But we love him!

I like the cultural aspect of football. But besides that, I really have no interest in it. I love any excuse to get friends together to snack and chat. Who wouldn't?

For the game, I made a true Super Bowl of dip. I should have used a bigger pan to present it in, but I knew we'd be transporting it to a friends' house. I went with a deeper dish which I knew had a lid. But really, since it is so delicious, people won't care what you serve it in!

Super Bowl Dip
1 can refried beans
1/2 red onion - finely diced
1 tub toufutti cream cheese- the yellow tub
garlic, chili and cayenne
2 avocados
a dash of lime juice
black beans
1 good sized tomato
1 jalapeno pepper sliced thin
pepper to taste

I guarantee it's fast to toss together. Spread a layer of refried beans at the bottom of the pan. Chop and place the onion on top of the beans. In a microwaveable bowl, transfer the tofutti and warm until it is more pliable. Then, mix in as much garlic powder, chili powder and cayenne as you wish to the cream cheese. Place the cream cheese on top of the onions. Mash the avocados with some lime and spread over the cream cheese. Toss the remaining ingrdients over the avocados. Dust a lil' pepper and dried cilantro before serving.

This is fine served cold, or heated up. Do what you like! Serve with some beautiful tortilla chips and a cool beverage. Enjoy!

1 comment: