Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Get up Granola!

We are under a winter storm warning... whatever that means. I guess that means were in for some snow. Well, whatever storm chasers, it's beautiful outside!

In the winter months, it can get very hard to drag my lil' butt outta bed. It's dark, cold and usually there is a cute boy next to me. Who would voluntarily pop out of bed in that situation? Since school started and I've started interning, I've been pooped. It doesn't help knowing I have loads of work to do! To help this scenario I found one thing to help me get up and get movin'. Granola! I'll get up and out of bed for a delicious breakfast anytime. This super healthy cereal is easy and lightning fast to toss together.

Get Up Granola

1 1/2 cup rolled oats

3 cups puffed millet

1 cup rolled rye flakes

1/2 cup wheat bran

1/2 cup raw sun flower seeds

1/2 to 3/4 cup dried fruit

1 tablespoon cinnimon

1teaspoon ginger

3/4 cup applesauce

1/4 cup flax seeds -- added after heated


While you mix the dry ingredients together, preheat the oven to 350. Add the applesauce until the mixture is moist. Spread on a cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes, checking to stir it every 10 minutes so it doesn't get stuck.


This lighter version of an ol' favorite will have your rollin' out of bed and get your lil' belly sining with delight at any hour in the morning!



1 comment: