Wednesday, January 13, 2010

"Hon! Got the groceries!"

Fargo is one of my all-time favorite movies. It's embarrassing to admit, but probably at least once a day, I quote lines from it. Especially in the winter, it's just so fitting! I took a break yesterday from unpacking to run to the grocery store to pick up some staples and food for din-din. I had a bag full of groceries just like Jerry Lundegaard and yelled in the movie,"Hon! Got the groceries!" to an empty house. It put a smile on my face! Unless you're a huge Coen Brothers fan, you probably have no idea what I'm talking about. If this is the case-- go put Fargo on your Netflix queue today!

William H. Macy as Jerry Lundegaard in Fargo, the best Co-Bro's movie.
I had quite the responsibility yesterday unpacking pots, pans, appliances, etc. and finding their perfect spots. Finding their perfect spots made me clean everything, even the oven! A confession-- I've never cleaned an oven. It just has never been a part of my repertoire, until yesterday. I even purchased oven cleaner. It's rare that I ever buy 'cleaner' for anything, so this is quite the event! Granted, it was a bitch to clean, it looks like new!

After cleaning, unpacking and cleaning, I was in need of some major comfort food. Comfort food to me is usually a hot dish with loads of vegetables. Not to be confused with a Minnesotan 'Hot-Dish', which usually has some creamy processed soup and frozen vegetables and meat. It's basically a casserole, called a 'hot dish', a pot-luck staple. Anyway, I needed something fast, hot and full of vegetables. What's got all that? Curry! Curry is not a casserole, or hot dish, but still pretty dang tasty in my book. Absolutely perfect to end a busy day of moving and unpacking.

1 comment:

  1. OK, You should have taken a "before" and "after" shot of the oven and posted it on your blog. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete