Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Perfect Oatmeal Cookies

I have a tendency to get excited about very little things, a good cup of coffee, tea or glass of wine, making dinner, going for a walk with my 'boys', etc.  Baking cookies is no exception, I love it.  When I stumble upon a new cookie recipe, by the end of the week I've most likely made it.  

The newest cookie that I have tried is from Isa's book,  Veganomicon.  Veganomicon is sucha helpful cook book for chefs, cooks and bakers of all levels.  Not only does it have amazing recipes for different events but has tips n' tricks to make meals even tastier.  I lent my copy to my Mom, who's been to culinary school.  After reading and cooking some recipes she told me she bought her own copy!  That says a lot!  Like I said, it can appeal to anyone at any point in their culinary adventure.  

I made the oatmeal cookies from Veganomicon, they are to pretty frickin' awesome.  Most of the time you'll hear me "ooh-ing and ahhh-ing" over chocolate, peanut butter, ice cream; things that are not-so-healthy.  So, it seems odd that I'm reviewing and raving about oatmeal cookies.  I admit, they have grown on me over the years.  

I highly recommend using a little scoop to measure out the dough.  It makes the perfect sized, uniformed cookies!  

Perfect oatmeal raisin cookies! 
When it comes to sweets and baked goods, my usual mentality is "If you're going to go, go all out."  This is slowly shifting as I become more aware of my body and experiment with healthier options that will still satisfy my sweet tooth.  This recipe will cure your cookie craving and not let you feel that guilty about it.  Bake these puppies off and accompany them with a glass of soy milk!  Yumm.  

No comments:

Post a Comment