Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Roasted Goodness.

Tomatoes are in their bounty!  I have so many tomatoes, I almost don't know what to do with myself.  I'll take tomatoes and make a sauce, soup, salad or chop them into a sandwich - I love them!  To warm my lil' bod up since it turned to fall so quickly, I made yet another soup!  This is easy and smells amazing.  Enjoy!  

Cherry Tomatoes - washed ready to be chopped

Roasted Tomato Soup

Roasted Tomato Soup 

tomatoes- duh.
garlic 
onion - chopped
olive oil to lightly coat everything
basil
rosemary 
crushed red pepper
salt n' pep

I eyeballed all of my ingredients, so use your best judgement if you plan on recreating this... It's hard to measure things precisely when you live alone and the only one eating it!  

Chop tomatoes, garlic and onion.  Coat with olive oil and dust with dried herbs.  If you have fresh ones, go for it!  Toss the vegetable mixture onto a baking sheet and place into a preheated oven of 375 for about 45-60 minutes.  Your house will smell like an Italian Stallion is roastin' more than tomatoes in your kitchen!  He he he.  

Chopped Cherry Tomatoes 

CT's coated in olive oil and herbs
Once the tomatoes are soft, remove from the oven and crush a little more.  Feel free to strain the skins, otherwise, leave them in!  Easy and so healthy - a true one-pot wonder! 

No comments:

Post a Comment