Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I miss my gas stove...

I'm in the middle of moving to Minneapolis.  It's not the most fun or easy thing, especially for my sister whose nice enough to let me crash on her couch.  I really appreciate her letting me squat at her place while I move stuff  to the Cities from Green Bay.  

On my way home from a yoga class this afternoon, I stopped in at The Wedge Co-op on Lyndale for a snack.  They have beautiful produce, an amazing deli, a bountiful bulk selection and any other healthy or unhealthy snack you'd want.  Having a hard time choosing what to buy at the deil, I opted for the Udon Noodle Salad with Tofu.  Hot dang, it was so good!  Definately healthy and flavorful.  Ginger, lime and a little crushed red pepper carried a nice tone throughout the dish.  My taste buds are still dancing and my belly is very content.



If you do a lot of traveling or are planning a move- hit up some local grocery stores or co-ops to find healthier, cheaper much more tasty options for lunches and dinners.  Yumm.  

1 comment:

  1. I asked the clerk at the grocery store for Udon noodles and the guy got all huffy and had the nerve to tell me "he didn't need a customer asking him if he had completed his tasks, he's got a boss to do that." Well, last time I shop there for 'U-don' noodles!

    ReplyDelete