Sunday, March 1, 2009

Not-Cho Average Cheeze!

I can't remember the last time I had nachos...  I love chips, salsa and at one point really enjoyed nachos.  Minus the cheese, who wouldn't want to devour a plate of warm chips, black beans, tomatoes, avocados and corn?  Just because nachos call for cheese, it definitely didn't stop me from re-creating an oldie into a delicious healthy veganized dish!  Woot woot! 

Not'cho Average Cheeze Recipe
1 cup salsa - I like Mrs. Renfro's salsa, delish! 
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1/2 to about 1 cup water 
dash of paprika
dash of dried cilantro 
a lil' crushed red pepper - optional, but a nice kick. 
dash of salt and pepper

Place salsa in a sauce pan, add nutritional yeast and other spices then water.  Simmer until you've reached a melty consistency that is ideal to pour over your chips and vegetables!  Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment