Sunday, December 6, 2009

Presto Pesto!

On Sunday, Minnesota's liquor stores are closed.  I usually don't even think twice about it.  But, tonight I could have really gone for a nice glass of red to accompany my edamame pesto.   A glass of Syrah would have been just lovely to accent the spice of the pesto.  Oh, I miss Wisconsin!

I was inspired by the PPK's recipe. Mine has less ingredients, but was still flippin' delicious and not to mention very healthy.  

Edamame Pesto
3/4 cup edamame thawed
a generous bunch of fresh basil
2-3 garlic cloves 
splash of balsamic vinegar
water
salt & pep to taste
1 chili pepper - crushed or sliced with a scissors or knife

Toss edamame, pesto and garlic into your food processor.  Process until a thick paste.  With the processor running, splash in the balsamic vinegar and about 1/2 cup water to thin.  Finally, add the chili pepper and salt n' pep.  If you're not a huge fan of spice, you can completely omit the pepper.  Buttt... for those of you living in the midwest and are beginning to settle into winter, I highly recommend it!  

I sautéed some spinach, mushrooms and peas to plate with the pasta.  But really, you can serve this speedy sauce up with any thing that tickles your lil' belly.  Try to get a glass of wine rockin' with this dish, you'll fall in love, again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment