Sunday, June 14, 2009

"Chickie" Noodle

I've been a little blue lately and the crummy weather this afternoon definitely didn't help me smile.  At the end of the month I'm moving to Minneapolis, and boy, I'm really excited about it!  But, like any move, I feel sad leaving some of my close friends behind.  I know we'll still stay in touch.  Even though, right now, I'm pretty down about it.  I love all of my sweet friends in Green Bay, you will all be with me when I move!  


Anyway, to satisfy my mopey belly, I made a batch of 'Chicken' Noodle Soup.  It was so delicious, I had two huge servings and I do admit, it made me feel better!  Until I got hungry again, duh.

"Chickie" Noodle Soup

1 yellow onion
2 garlic cloves
3-4 carrots chopped
enough oil for sauteing 
1 carton white mushrooms
1 cup frozen peas
1 can garbanzo beans

4 cups of water
1 veggie bouillon cube

1 tbs parsley and basil
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp crushed thyme
1/2 tsp crumbled rosemary
1/2 tsp dried sage
a few shakes of celery seeds
dash of white or black pepper

a handful of any pasta-- I broke up some some soba noodles, but your favorite noodle will do, or even rice!  

Chop up the vegetables and add them to a large stock pot.  Add the water and bouillon cube.  Mix in the seasonings and finally, add the pasta.  Let simmer until the pastas done and you're hungry.  

This soup will most likely turn your day around and put a big fat smile back on your face. Laugh and enjoy this healthy chic-lovin' soup!  

1 comment:

  1. Hey- I'm about to go grocery shopping- I'll have to get some of the supplies for this soup. It looks great! I also want the recipe for that quiche you made us sometime. So glad we got to see you this weekend! Love you!

    ReplyDelete