Thursday, April 30, 2009

Sloppy Maki with Quinoa!


About every Thursday I start to run low on produce purchased earlier in the week.  Today, it seemed as if I was running low on just about everything.  Apparently, I had enough to inspire quinoa maki rolls!  I was out of rice and had quinoa, thinking it would be a healthy alternative I gave it a whirl.

It was all a great idea until after I made the quinoa and chopped up leftover vegetables that I realized I only had one sheet of nori.  Why would this happen?  Whatever, I went through with it and made my one and only roll... I don't even know if my pictures are blog-worthy 'cause the roll was a tad loose and resulted in quite a messy lil' guy...  Why did I have to run out of nori?? 

                              Pretty messy, healthy and delicious Maki! 

I made these just like any other maki roll.  The quinoa stuck well to the nori, I just failed to roll the roll tight enough.  So if you do make these with quiona, roll the suckers tight!  

Each creation can't be perfect-- So, get in your kitchen, get cookin' and have some fun!  Duh. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment